Alert!!! Starting time change for ALL half marathon runners. Due to Covid and trying to keep you all socially distanced the half marathon will now start at 9:30AM. The full will remain the same start time at 9AM!
Online registration is now closed. Walk in registration is available at RunnersWorld Tulsa on Saturday from 10AM to 5PM. Race day registration will be available if we have not sold out by then starting at 8AM.
All races start Dec 6, 2020, Full marathoners will start at 9:00 am. Half marathoners will start at 9:30AM
Race Day registration opens at 8:00 am
Firstly, let's talk about the Covid issue.
Let's face it, it is here and it is real. Tulsa is a Facemask mandated city. So, you are supposed to wear a facemask when you are inside buildings. You must wear a face covering when inside RunnersWorld to pick up your packets.
If you have a fever of 100.4 F or more or any flulike symptons, you should not attend the race. At all times be aware of others and please maintain social distancing of at least 6’. We require that all racers bring a face covering to wear when they are in close contact with each other or race staff and volunteers before and after the race. Wearing a face covering before the start of each race is mandatory. While on the course attempt to maintain 6 feet of separation from other runners. Once you are spaced out you can remove face coverings. You do not have to wear a face covering when you are racing. After you finish the race, you should wear a face covering whenever you cannot maintain 6’ of social distance from others. You get the point...wear your face coverings!
The RunnersWorld Tulsa Half N Half Marathon allows you to run a half marathon on the Turkey Mountain trails and/or a half marathon on paved pedestrian trails. All races will be going at the same time for some fast-paced finish line action.
- Half Marathon on Turkey Mountain Dirt Trails
- Half Marathon on Riverside Paved Trails
- Full Marathon with First Half on Trails and Second Half on Paved Trails
- Full Marathon Entirely on Riverside Paved Pedestrian Trails
Every finisher receives a unique medal for each half completed. These medals connect together to form a Taijitu - the symbol for Yin Yang. Together the medals represent a balance between running on trails and pavement. Read more about Yin Yang here.
There are lots of other reasons to love this unique race:
- Incredibly Awesome triblend Shirts for all entrants if you register in time!
- Fully Stocked, World Famous Aid Stations!
- Ample Nine Hour Time Limit!
- Food Provided After the Race by RubOK!
- Awards for the Top 3 Male and Female for Each Event!
- Awards for first overall in standard 5 year age groups
The races start and finish at the Turkey Mountain main (lower) parking lot located at 6850 S. Elwood Ave. The Trail Half Marathon is an out and back course with a turn around at the Westide YMCA. The Paved Half Marathon is entirely on the Riverparks paved trail system. There is a nine hour time limit for all races. All courses will be marked with pink ribbons and signs.
We have an interactive course map for your iPhone, Android or Microsoft phone using the Avenza® Maps application. Click here for instructions for downloading both the application and the Half-N-Half course map. A high resolution printable map (in PDF format) is available along with a course elevation profile. Thanks to fellow runner Ron Haveman of Sandy Tracks Mapping for creating this map for us.
INFORMATION, TIPS & TRICKS
- All races start on the trail near the main parking lot on Turkey Mountain - 6850 S. Elwood Ave.
- All races start at 9:00am. Courses close at 6:00pm with a 9 hour time limit.
- Parking at the main and upper Turkey Mountain lots are limited and will fill up early. There will be additional parking at the lower lot that can be accessed from 71st St. Look for signs and orange wearing parking assistants.
- Register on-line through December 5th or in person at RunnersWorld Tulsa, 3920 S. Peoria Ave through December 5th.
- Registration will also be available on race day starting at 8:00am.
- Sign up early to receive a shirt. We will most likely be out of shirts if you wait until race day!
- Packet pickup will be on Saturday, December 5th from 10am-6pm at RunnersWorld Tulsa, 3920 S. Peoria Ave.
- RunnersWorld Tulsa hours are Mon-Wed, Fri & Sat: 10am-6pm and Thu: 10am-7:30pm
- You can also pickup your packet on race day starting at 8:00am.
- We are not able to mail packets but you can have a friend pick up your packet.
- Your race number bib is required and contains your electronic timing chip. Please wear it on the front of your body. If you think you might shed a shirt or a jacket during the race we recommend that you pin your bib to your shorts/sweats/tights.
- Avoid folding the timing chip on the back of your bib as it will not record your time if broken. It is best to wear the bib with the numbers up (not sideways).
- If you forget your bib on race day go to the registration table to get a new number assigned.
- Full aid stations are available every 2-3 miles and will include water, Gatorade, and sweet & salty snacks.
- Strollers are not allowed on the course.
- Pacers are not allowed during this race. Friends or family that want to run with you must be registered.
- Refunds are not available if you can't attend the race. You can still pickup your packet or have someone pick it up for you.
- All ages are welcome at this race; there is no age limit.